No Limits: Throwing in sections to achieve scale
Brattleboro workshop dates:
July 28-29 or September 22-23, 2018
This hands-on weekend workshop gives intermediate and advanced throwers the skills and knowledge they need to construct large-scale work on the wheel.
In two days of instruction and practice the workshop covers:
- How to select appropriate clay bodies and tools.
- How to minimize physical stress by positioning the body and hands strategically for working with up to 25# of clay.
- How to throw sections to be joined.
- Principles and techniques for fail-proof joints.
- Use of torches and heat guns to speed drying.
- Basic design and compositional considerations.
- Strategies and techniques for troubleshooting and saves.
Maximum enrollment is 6 students. The workshop runs from 9:30am to 5:30pm on Saturday, 9am to 4pm on Sunday.
Cost: $400 includes materials and Saturday dinner. Firing fees (optional) are additional.
E-mail with questions or to reserve your spot!